Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish. The feature was created because they are particularly fond of lists over at The Broke and the Bookish. They'd love to share their lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!Each week they will post a new top ten list that one of our bloggers at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All they ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.
Top Ten All Time Favourite YA Characters:
1. Sirius Black from Harry Potter - Not too many people will understand/comprehend the magnitude of my love for this character. I was so intrigued by him, found hope in him and was absolutely devastated when we no longer had him in the story. He's probably my all-time favourite.
2. Cinna from The Hunger Games - If you don't know Cinna, you clearly haven't read the books. He makes the entire series for me. Truly. There's something about him that is so genuine and true in a sea of falsities that makes you turn to him throughout.
3. Arya from Game of Thrones - If you've watched the show, or you've read the books as I have, you'll probably understand why this little firecracker is one of my all-time favourite characters. She is so feisty, and she has a take-no-prisoners attitude that is incredible fun.
4. Mr. Darcy from Pride & Prejudice - Let's be honest...what girl doesn't love Darcy? I think I've loved this man since the first time I read the book, and my one-sided love affair continues ardently to this day. It's a shame really, because no man can ever really measure up (sorry!)
5. Mara from The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer - Mara is a little bit twisted and quirky. Ok, quirky is too weak. Mara is a touch psychotic, and I'm pretty sure there's something loose in her head, but she is too entertaining, and her story enthralls me.
6. Martin from Martin the Warrior - Yes, I know he's a mouse. If you haven't read the Redwall series, you most likely simply won't understand. The animals seem so very human in the books that you forget they're animals...and Martin is every bit the hero.
7. Dobby from Harry Potter - I don't care what you say...he likely stole the scenes in both the films and the books. He may have just been a little a house elf, but he had a heart of gold, and he was one of the biggest parts of the whole series for me.
8. Fred & George from Harry Potter - These twins are awesome. Ok, the entire family is kooky and awesome, but they quite often steal the show. Their humour, their charm and, heck, their endless bravery makes them standout characters. They still break my heart, too.
9. Ian O'Shea from The Host - Le sigh. Ok, for those wondering, yes, that is really the guy playing him in the film (which I'm scared won't live up). Ian was this dead-sexy, super macho and utterly gorgeous character that I can't get enough of. I might hate her vampire books, but Ms. Meyer got me with aliens.
10. Emma Mercer from The Lying Game - I know, this one surprises a lot of people. Emma is such a great character though. While her twin sister is this conceited, heinous girl, Emma is down-to-earth, quirky and believable. I'm shocked to say I love this book series so much.