Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish. The feature was created because they are particularly fond of lists over at The Broke and the Bookish. They'd love to share their lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!Each week they will post a new top ten list that one of our bloggers at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All they ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.
Top Ten Favourite Book Quotes:
Ahhhhh quotes...there are so stinkin' many of them, that I could really just do a whole series of these. Regardless of the genres they are in, I have loved all of these quotes for a good while. A good quote stays with you. It resonates. It makes you feel. Below are my top ten absolute all-time favourites.
1. “It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.” – Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter & the Sorcerer’s Stone
2. “You love me. Real or not real?” I tell him, “Real.” – Peeta & Katniss, Mockingjay
3. "I cannot fix on the hour, or the look, or the words, which laid the foundation. It is too long ago. I was in the middle before I knew that I had begun." – Mr. Darcy, Pride & Prejudice
4. “Some things have to be believed to be seen.” Japheth, Many Waters
5. “Every leaf has its shadow, and finally meets it when it falls.” – The Borning Room
6. “Never trust anything that can think for itself if you can't see where it keeps its brain.” – Arthur Weasley, Harry Potter & the Chamber of Secrets
7. “Animals don't behave like men,' he said. 'If they have to fight, they fight; and if they have to kill they kill. But they don't sit down and set their wits to work to devise ways of spoiling other creatures' lives and hurting them. They have dignity and animality.” – Watership Down
8. “Becoming fearless isn’t the point. That’s impossible. It’s learning to control your fear and how to be free from it. That’s the point.” – Four, Divergent
9. “I'd said it before and meant it: Alive or undead, the love of my life was a badass.” – Rose, Blood Promise
10. “Generous deed should not be checked by cold counsel.” – Gandalf – The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King