Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish. The feature was created because they are particularly fond of lists over at The Broke and the Bookish. They'd love to share their lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!Each week they will post a new top ten list that one of our bloggers at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All they ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.
Top Ten Blogs/Sites I Read That Aren't About Books:
1. Rockstar Diaries – This site lets my inner hipster run wild! I don’t know how the blogger, Naomi, is exactly as cool as she is, but seriously…I have so much fun reading her posts, checking out all her cute pictures and hoping that one day my life is just as cute!
2. Across the Pond – This blog author is just living the dream! She went to get her masters in Nottingham, met her boyfriend and now lives in Scotland for the time being. Oh yeah, and she was a former fashion model in Los Angeles. Too cool, right?! She’s totally candid and fun.
3. Bright Wishes – Brooke was a book blogger, and she really found her niche in her personal blog. Even though she doesn’t blog all that much anymore, her posts are so fun, honest and open. I really love how frequently her blog design changes, too. It’s so fun.
4. Skinnytaste – This blog comes from my transition to eating meat again and the need to track the calories in each portion. There are so many incredible recipes on this blog, and each one tracks exactly how to reduce calories, how to add flavor and really kick it up a notch.
5. Awkward Family Photos – Ok, this one isn’t so much reading as it is looking at the most hilariously and fantastically awkwardly awesome photos, but holy heck. This is endless entertainment in a nutshell. If you haven’t checked this site out yet, I highly recommend you do so!
6. Damn You Autocorrect – Since I got my iPhone, I’ve had my fair share of snafus in my text messages, so I can relate with a lot of this site. Seriously. Have you read it? Some of the stuff that was said is just so heinously awesome and inappropriate that I can’t tell you how many evenings I’ve spent reading it.
7. Perez Hilton – I’m ashamed. I know, this site is utter garbage, but I just can’t help it! There’s something so filthily delicious to reading his trashy little posts about celebrity life. Let’s be honest, this miss will never pass those golden gates, so I’ll enjoy the gossip from afar.
8. Pinterest – So sue me! I got invited, and I joined, and I haven’t stopped pinning since! I can’t help it. I have boards for books, writing inspiration, crafts, food, beauty…everything. It’s my whole life on a pinboard, and I just love it. Plus, I’m always finding new hairstyles and recipes. Perfection.
9. Facebook – I can’t help it. Guys, I am a social media manager for a marketing agency by day, so I pretty much play on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest and more all day every day. With a lot of family overseas though, Facebook is the perfect way for me to keep in touch with all my family in Africa!
10. Hyperbole and a Half – I stumbled across this blog once upon a time way back when I was living in Salt Lake City. Combine epic artwork with the funniest, snarkiest stories in the world, and you have a golden pile of hilarity. I’m addicted to this one!